Monday, May 4, 2009

4 Weeks and Still Loving It!

Well, I have been in Vegas now for a month and things are good! It feels like I have been here longer, except for the fact I have no idea how to get anywhere and generally miss every exit I have the intention of taking.

Work has been a little back and forth. I spent one month at the store at Town Square. Town Square is a really nice outdoor mall south on the strip. It has every store you could think of and a lot of good restaurants. About 2 weeks ago they told me I would be transferring stores to a Dillard's partner shop, just like the one I worked at in Omaha. Today was my first day at the new store and it definitely will be a challenge. There were a lot of theft issues with previous associates, so they brought in me and another girl who is actually from Lincoln! Leave it to the Nebraska girls to save the day! So, basically they are looking to us to turn the store around.

Other than work, I have been spending a lot of time with a girl from Plattsmouth, her name is Jaimi. She lives here with her husband, daughter Ivy, and son Xavier, and there will be a baby girl arriving in a few weeks! My parents joke that I am joining their family now since I spend almost every day off with them. We go shopping, to the pool, make dinner, or go to Jamba Juice for Xavier to suck down my drinks! They are awesome and I love spending time with all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment